In spite of some being poisonous snakes are one of the interesting and popular reptiles in the world. From the very beginning of the civilization the relationship between man and snakes had grown up. But despite of being existent since the past, it was quite impossible to think that man and snake can live together or snakes can be man’s pet.
But this entire scenario has been changed nowadays. As the days are getting past men are developed the new conception of owning a pet snake. Yes, it is happening today.
The owner has to keep few necessary things in his or her region to look after the pet. These are –
- A large space area.
- A water bowl with adequate water supply.
- A heat pad to produce proper temperature.
- A thermostat to keep control the temperature.
- A thermometer for measuring the temperature at that region.
- Mice or rats for feeding purpose of the pet.
Temperature has always been a very important issue while looking after these kinds of pet.
Now there are couple of steps to look after this pet. They are-
- Choosing of the snake is always important and the origins of this creature is always very important, such as-Corn snakes are basically originated from America but Royal pythons are largely found in the tropical region. As mentioned before this Royal pythons can grow over a meter length the owner should have to well concern about it.
- The area where this snake will grow up it is always very important. It can be the glass case or wooden made with 0.5 meters depth and 0.5 meters length.
- Owner should have to well concern about the large space for the snakes moving around.
- If the snakes are from hot and humid tropical region they are not capable to cope up with the temperature. That is why heat lamp is needed to control and restrict the correct temperature.
- Owner should have to use pieces cork bark to use as snake’s hide out.
- As heat lamp produces the temperature almost 84 degrees, owner should have to plug in a thermostat to contrast the temperature properly.
- Snakes mainly prefer small mammals like mice. Owner should have to be well concerned about this mammals is that it must be served as worm free. Owner should have to clean and take steps to prevent growth of microbes i and then it is needed to put in a hot water with a plastic bag.
- Snake biting may be the big issue while taking care it. So, for the safety sake and avoid all sorts of risk owner can use longtweezers.
- At the water bowl it is necessary to put few drops chemical. This helps for complete elimination of chlorine in water.
TIPS-it is always been important to take advice from any expert before take it to the home.
- Live mice may be harmful for snake.
- Drinking water is always important. It is to be served properly.
Snakes are well adaptable in nature. It depends on the owner and how does he treat his or her pet.